It’s getting cold out there! Everyone I know is currently falling into cozy mode, which means big sweaters, cozy socks. tea. and SOUP SEASON!!! That’s right I am in full soup mode. Its what is for dinner every night and options are endless. Lately, I am craving the warm, cheezy goodness that is broccoli cheese soup. Specifically Panera Broccoli Cheese soup. Honestly, this homemade recipe tastes much better and has such great flavor. Enjoy!!
Panera Broccoli Cheese Slow Cooker Soup
Things you will need:
Slow Cooker: 5 to 6 qt
Immersion Blender: You can do this soup and transfer it to a food processor, but honestly its messy and dangerous because hot! I will link my all-time favorite here if you need a recommendation.
Yield 6 servings
Prep Time: 15 mins
- 5 cups chopped broccoli florets — about 16 ounces
- 1 cup grated carrots, — you can grate yourself or use bagged pre-cut julienne carrots
- 1 medium yellow onion — finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic — minced
- 2oz cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth — or vegetable broth
- 1 (12oz) can 2% evaporated milk
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated-(GRATE YOUR CHEESE FRESH! PREGRATED CHEESE HAS A COATING TO PREVENT STICKING AND DOESNT MELT WELL)
Place the broccoli, carrots, onion, and garlic in the bottom of your slow cooker. Top with the cream cheese, oregano, nutmeg, and broth. Stir to evenly distribute the ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4-6 hours, until the broccoli is tender.
Stir in the evaporated milk before using the immersion blender to puree the soup to your desired thickness, I prefer to still have some chunks of broccoli in mine. Recover the soup and let it heat back up for 10 more minutes before adding in your cheese and salt and pepper. Cover again for 5 more minutes until hot and melted!
This one is so simple and delicious!! ENJOY
Enjoy this post? Pin It! ♥